Tonight is a very rare night where I have nothing to do. Actually I have plenty to do. But tonight I decided to take a break. In selling the condo, buying a house and planning a wedding, I thought I was being a great multi-tasker, getting everything done in one shot. Now I realize why these are called "big milestones". They involve a lot of work. I never have a shortage of things to think about or decisions to make or things to research. These last couple of weeks, it was a bit exciting but now I'm ready to think about something else for a change. Its like playing with a new toy. Eventually you get tired of it and you want something else.
So tonight, I'm taking a break, enjoying my solitude and my condo... alone. My instinct is to find something to do, call a friend or run an errand but I have to fight it because I know these evenings will be very rare in the weeks to come and even rarer when I move and am married.
I remember when I first moved into my own place. I thought I would be so lonely, and even scared to be by myself. In the 5 years of being here, I've realized that I love being alone. Its become something I need to do, every so often, just to maintain my sanity. Who knows when my next opportunity will be to do "nothing", so for tonight... there'll be dirty dishes in the sink, laundry in the hamper and just me, myself and I.
1 comment:
You're fantastic!!
Enjoy it!! I know exactly what you mean! I actually miss the solitude of my house. It was exactly as I left it. Even if I didn't like it. But at the same time, I love the way things have changed and are constantly busy. I still get alone time but now, during the day. I enjoy it most of the time (95%)... ahhh, but I've got to find a way to leave the dishes and everything else alone... work in progress... :)
Post a Comment