Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Beef and Veg Pie


There's nothing on tv and I have no wedding/house items to do tonight so what's a girl to do but experiment in the kitchen! I decided to turn the last half of my frozen puff pastry into a meat and vegetable pie. I started by browning my onions and sweet potato cubes. Took those out when they were cooked and then added ground beef with garlic, thyme, paprika and salt and pepper. Then added shredded rapini. Mixed it all up and then threw it into a pie dish (one of my new ones,) and then topped it with my rolled out pastry.

Everything seemed to be going well until I decided my pastry wasn't browning and decided to turn on the broiler. I set the timer to 5 minutes and apparently it was 4 minutes too long because as you can see, the top is a little bit toasty. Hopefully the inside isn't a reflection of the outside.

No comments: