Tuesday, October 13, 2009

WND makes a comeback!

Tonight I am preparing for a long awaited Wednesday Night Dinner. We've all been busy since Spring and so we held off on our usual WND's until what was supposed to be the fall. With our continuing busy schedules (and new babies!), fall has been passing us by and especially now with my move, it looked like WNDinners would be a thing of the past.

So this week, in honour of Thanksgiving, I decided to throw possibly my last WND at my place tomorrow. On the menu, a not so big looking turkey (it looked big in the store!), mashed potatoes, butternut squash, roasted brussel sprouts and green beans, crab and mushroom stuffing and garlic bread. Its sure to be another big pig out fest. Hopefull everyone isn't turkey'd out already.

I've made a few dishes tonight and now I'm resting. I forgot how much work these dinners can be but its worth every bit of effort to spend some quality time with great friends over good food. Plus, I'm definitely enjoying the distraction from the usual wedding/house stuff that has engulfed my life and every waking thought lately. Can't wait for tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Saads said...

Yummy....I'm sad that I'm missing it. Maybe leftovers?