This Friday I am going to meet my cousin Carol and my sister for a weekend of shopping. I have been looking forward to this shopping trip for awhile. I think because I finally have the opportunity to benefit from Carol's employee discount on outlet prices! Woo hoo! Now of course, I have a feeling I won't be able to find anything. That's always the way it goes...
This weekend I met Saads and Raju at the old Toba which is now called Pico. I had my reservations as nothing could compare to those fresh scones but I was very happy to discover that the menu and recipes are almost exactly the same. I enjoyed my currant scone and also my blt with egg and cheddar. Yum. After that I met Gerwyn in Thornhill to seek out my mom's "kalbi" supermarket. This is the one place that she said has good (meaning not too much fat and sensibly priced) korean ribs. G and I were both a bit nervous as we were going solely on my mom's directions (and the Korean name) but we managed to find it. Two packages of Kalbi later, we headed to Flight Centre to start planning our trip to Spain in September.
Later in the evening we went to Susie and Josh's "interim housewarming party". I say "interim" because they are in between houses right now while they fight with their home sellers over the title. Hopefully they will be in their "real" home soon! Sunday I visited with Grams and then met G to take a quick look at a prospective house (too bad it was a dud) and then went to dinner at Mill Street Brewery in the Distillery. Although we are busy looking for a new house and a new neighbourhood, I will truly miss being able to walk to the Distillery for a nice meal and then digest on the walk home. On our way home we reminisced about our first date as we passed the bench that we sat on to look at the stars on a similarly hot summer night.
Hopefully we won't end up moving too far away, I like that bench.
1 comment:
I wish I could join you guys at Woodbury! Have fun! You're going to Spain? That's fantastic! Any plans to visit us in Korea?
Post a Comment