
This weekend was quite busy. Saturday morning I met Mahi for breakfast at a new place called Lady Marmalade in Leslieville. Then we walked back to my neighbourhood and I went to the market to pick up a strudel for a bbq I was going to later that day with Gerwyn. His friends Joanne and Jenn, who are twin sisters, were having a birthday party in Pickering. The twins are also good friends with Mel and Norm so I was happy to see some familiar faces there. Prior to the bbq, we stopped at my mom's for some flood damage recon. Last weekend the heavy rains ended up flooding her basement. All of our things from many years of storage were soaked and it was finally time to go through everything and give it the heave ho. Gerwyn and his friend Victor were kind enough to help mom move her freezers and cut up the carpets and move em on out. It was a stinky, dirty job and we were all pretty sweaty afterwards. After all that work, the bbq was a welcome break.
No comments:
Post a Comment