
The rest of the long weekend was spent at mom's cleaning out the basement and playing with my sister and Charlotte. She was very cute and although I experienced her first tantrum, she made up for it by playing nice the rest of the following day. Although I forgot to take pics of the basement damage, you can see the one carpet we tried to salvage drying on the picnic table in the background. Although its always nice to go home, I have to say, two nights at mom's really made me miss my condo. Its nice to be back. Sooky is here for a couple of days while she works at her downtown office so I expect we'll be eating out a lot for the next few days. Tomorrow, we'll start with breakfast at Petit Dejeuner.... I can feel the pounds coming back already! Oh yes, another highlight of my weekend was finally weighing myself at my mom's. I have been the same weight for about 10 years and when I finally stepped on the scale today I was shocked. I lost 11 pounds!! I am now slightly lighter than even my university weight!! Woo hooo, yay for me!!! Let's see if I can maintain this weight for the next ten!
4 comments:
Really? I haven't stepped on the scale for ages...maybe I'll give it a go...but then I have a strong feeling that I won't get the same kind of results that you did - more likely to tip the other way. I'll just stick to guessing. Say Hi to Sooky, and sorry to hear about the flooding. I know what a big job that is; my parents had the same thing at their old house and I was the only one around, right after giving birth to Michael, to do the cleaning up. I am convinced that my shoulder and back pains are a result of cleaning up the flood.
Great job Di!!!! If only I could lose 10 lbs....
you know, I was looking at older photos of us (like, the last 5 years), and I totally noticed your weight loss when compared to the photos at the wedding! that's awesome! what the heck... I did the same diet... where'd my negative 10lbs. go?!?! :P
Congratulations, Di. Just one of the rewards for all of your effort. Stay healthy!
Post a Comment