Sunday, September 24, 2006

Lazy Saturdays...

Ever since Gerwyn and I started dating, we've had a lot of "lazy Saturdays"; you know the days where you wake up late, go out for breakfast, come back home for a nap and then maybe go for a walk. Basically the days you just play by ear, no "to do" lists, no chores, just lazing around together. It was great but lately, we've both been really busy so our Saturdays have turned into squeezing in some together in between the tasks that need to be done (buying the FJ, going to wedding showers, going to weddings, etc). This weekend was the return of the Lazy Saturday and boy, was it nice... I actually had my first Friday alone (well, alone with Hanna and her friend) but I was able to do some things around the house that needed to be done. Gerwyn came by later (a little inebriated I might add, and he says I'M the drunk...) and we finally got to sleep in. Saturday started out a bit cloudy but by the time we got outside the sun was out and it was a perfect day to meet MelandNorm for brunch at Eggspectation. As usual I stuffed myself silly and then we did a quick tour of the mall before walking home. As per the perfect Lazy Saturday, we got home and took a nap before heading back up to the 'burbs (ie. Gerwyn's house) where we had leftovers for dinner and then bought a ton of junk food (Lays Regular chips, the 50% less salt ones, they were really good and also microwave popcorn, my favourite!) and rented a dvd (Eve and the Firehorse which was a great movie during the parts I was able to stay awake for! - Gerwyn verified that it was in fact a great movie since he watched the whole thing.) . Unfortunately we had to get up early on Sunday as per our usual routine where Gerwyn drives me to visit my grams in the morning but on this particular day he actually came INTO the house and met my mom. (It was only a quick visit, long enough for Gerwyn to showcase his extensive knowledge of Korean - 2 words, and then he left. Mom says he looks way older than me!)

The rest of Sunday was a bunch of wedding preparations for my brother's wedding next weekend. That's right, yet another busy weekend planned for next week. I love celebrating as much as the next person, but I'm starting to love the Lazy Saturday more...

1 comment:

melandnorm said...

Speaking of lazy, someone is too lazy to blog...yet likes to read our blogs.

Get to work Deeleecious