

This past Saturday was my brother's wedding. It has been a very long awaited event in my family since he is the first of the three of us to go. (Not to mention a bit scandalous since my older sister is still single but we won't go there.)
Anyway, not only was this the first big family event for us, but it was also being filmed for the Food Network tv show, "I Do, Let's Eat". The camera crews were always around and as much as I tried to get into the background of every shot (they didn't appreciate my funny faces behind people's backs,) I think they were more focussed on the food. And who could blame them, there was a huge buffet of all kinds of Korean food not to mention a very fragile ice sculpture in the middle of the room. As usual, I was stuffed (even though I CLEARLY had less food on my plate than either Sally, Gerwyn or huge surprise, Susie! Who knew that girl could eat!) and then came the speeches and dancing. I was so shocked at the clear heartfelt emotion that my brother expressed that night, I honestly didn't think he had it in him. (As you can see by the expression on his face, he is not the most expressive guy.) Anyway his speech was amazing and it really showed me a different side of him. (However the next day he was back to normal, snapping at me for asking him a simple question... anyhoo moving on) The night really got started when we moved onto the dancing. I always thought my family was pretty tame, they are traditional Koreans afterall, but who knew they could dance!! And by dance, I mean sporadically throw out limbs at fast intervals not quite to the beat of the music. It was hilarious!! I've never seen my aunts and uncles like that! Besides my uncle busting out some kind of weird interpretive dance with a plate of cake, the most shocking had to be when my aunt (Hanna's mom) dragged Gerwyn by his tie onto the dancefloor with her. This was the first time they had met and they were actually dancing together... I wish I had taken a picture. I always knew my man had moves, but never in a million years could I have imagined him breaking them out with my aunt!!
The whole evening was a great success and so much fun. It was such a memorable and meaningful occassion, I was so glad to be able to share it with my friends (Sally and Susie) and especially Gerwyn. It was his first introduction to my family and I think all in all, it went pretty well. (Check out the picture of us and my mom, she's actually SMILING!!!)
3 comments:
It was truly a beautiful wedding, I'm really glad I got to see this side of Diana's life. Her family was very receptive, and I had a great time getting busy on the dance floor with Auntie Sandy! I'll have you all know that I was on my best behaviour; however despite Diana's specific instructions to NOT kiss her mother because Koreans don't do that, I accidentally did it 3 times! You see every time she bowed, I thought she was leaning in for a kiss! She tricked me!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Diana thinks I'm a "Horn-dog", but is it wrong that I've had both mother and daughter?
-Gerwyn
funny how you were glad to share it with Sally and Susie, but yet, no photos of THEM up! :P
Silly Sally, that's what happens when Gerwyn is in charge of sending me photos... he ONLY sent me ones with him in it!! Is it wrong to be so vain??
Post a Comment