Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Gerwyn's time to "shine"...

Last weekend was Gerwyn's big Salsa performance (aka recital) at his Salsa School's annual gala. He practised for two weeks straight ending in a 3 hour salsa marathon at my place the night before where he proceeded to bark out salsa moves to me that I had never heard of before. Anyway, by the end of the night my feet were aching and my patience had almost run out but he got his practise time in and was ready to perform the next day. Saturday I met up with Ev to go to Michelle and Rob's Pampered Chef party plus a quick stop at the Soriano household before the Salsa show. It was a long day but I was looking forward to seeing Gerwyn bust his Latin moves in front of everyone (including Evelyn and Huddy who came for the "hot" girls...). I would include a video of his performance here but I'm told it is not for public viewing (we'll see about that, "You Tube" link to come...). Anyway, he did an amazing job, I was so proud but the one thing that was definitely missing were his "shines"!! Or what I like to call "flourishes", the fancy moves in Salsa that involve "spirit fingers" (or magic hands as Huddy likes to call them) and the extra hip shakes. They were there in all of Gerwyn's practises but alas, not so much in his actual performance. I think he was too shy and nervous to let em loose but nevertheless, his performance was great and I was so proud! We'll have to save those "shines" for behind closed doors I guess...

4 comments:

melandnorm said...

I can't wait to see the video clip. Or maybe a live show at Thursday night dinner.

sally said...

OH save that video for me too!! :)

melandnorm said...

Diana, update your blog! If you have time to read ours then you have time to blog!

sally said...

I AGREE! This blog thing is a 2-way street missy! I MAKE TIME to do it (well, that and I don't have much goin' on here in Montreal)...the point is: BLOG ALREADY!!
:P