So last night we resumed our weekly tradition of Wednesday night dinners with MelandNorm, Ev and now Gerwyn. Mel volunteered to go first and of course she totally outdid herself and started us off by setting the bar very high. As always, Mel was awesome!!! She is truly one of the best chefs I have ever known. I only hope to be as good as her one day. Sal, this is something you can never challenge her in. The theme was Tapas and she made ribs, chicken wings and various vegetables. Dessert was a baked caramelized peach served with vanilla ice cream. It was amazing and although I promised myself that THIS year I would stick to a "stop when I'm 80% full" rule, I couldn't help myself and proceeded to pork out until I was about 180% full. I think I managed to out-eat everyone that night including Gerwyn and Norm!! Needless to say, it was a very s.l.o.w. walk home for Gerwyn and I. Poor Ger, he unknowingly volunteered to go next. However now that he's seen how stiff the competition is, I think he's a little scared... no reheating your mom's leftovers this time Gerwyn!!
I have to admit, it was so great to resume our dinners, I really missed seeing everyone and now of course, they are even more special because Gerwyn can come too. (I have a feeling Norm may appreciate his presence more than me... I think he was a bit overwhelmed with the amount of estrogen in the room last year, although I don't know if Gerwyn will really make a difference, y'all know he can be more girly than me!). I have to mention, when we came in Norm answered the door without his shirt on. WOW! Gerwyn looked like a kid next to him...Norm's abs are so defined and his V shaped body is something....Mel's so lucky.
A couple more weeks and it'll be my turn, wonder what I should make... whatever it is, I better start doing the research now!! Mel truly is the best. Did I mention that already?
3 comments:
HEEEEEYYY! THIS version has been "edited" a bit from the last time I read this blog....hmmmmmmm???? (I like this version better MENALLE!) :P
Menalie, you are DEAD. (and yet, still funny!)
Ok, password is officially being changed...
Hoa Hoa Hoa!
Post a Comment