
So this weekend was another busy weekend that started off on a very high note with a brand new car! Not my own of course, but we finally picked up Gerwyn's long awaited FJ Cruiser!! It was all very exciting except for the part where we had to wait 2 hours until the car and paperwork were ready but when it came time to finally exit the dealership and see that sparkling, shiny, sexy, black (my choice!) vehicle, it was worth it! Of course Gerwyn immediately asks the first passerby to take a picture of us (and by us, I mean the entire Toyota Sales Team that helped us with his purchase) by the car and then we were off! It was the most thrilling 2 minute drive back to his house. (He was leaning towards Niagara Falls but I had a shower to go to for Saadia later that day.)
Later in the evening, I headed to Saadia's shower/stagette and stuffed myself silly while watching Saadia belt out some Karoke in her slutty top. We then boarded the karoke party bus and headed for the King of Stagette bars, Devil's Martini. As usual it was packed (full of other stagettes) so we kept to our little corner upstairs and scoped out various men for Saadia to take pictures with. We ended the evening with a trip to Happy Seven which I have to admit was a little disappointing (not as good as I remember, the spicy squid was rubbery!) but considering how starving we were (except for Sally who was trying to keep it together after a few too many drinks... I knew you shouldn't have had that Smirnoff Ice!) it wasn't all THAT bad.
The next day was yet another early morning, got up at 7 to catch the 8 am train to visit Grams and then off to a dance lesson with Susie for my mom and brother. She taught him lots of "smooth moves" (well, as smooth as my brother can be) and he and I even took a few spins around my living room (it was the FIRST time I've EVER danced with my brother, OR my mom for that matter.) Anyway, by the end of it, they were quite the dance team and with a little practise, I think they'll have no problems gliding across the dance floor at my brother's wedding. After a whole hour of dancing, I was of course, starving so we headed to Wah Sing for some lobster and spicy squid (yes, that's right, I had it again!). The meal was unbelievable as always and I was stuffed!! (I think its a bad sign when you have to undo your pants BEFORE you sit down to dinner. But thank goodness I did because I made lots of extra room for the second, third, fourth and fifth helpings...)
I ended the evening with a long (and much needed) walk around the lovely suburb of Thornhill with Gerwyn followed by him dragging me to Congee Something Or Other for a midnight (and it was midnight!) snack. Luckily this time, I was able to refrain from eating, otherwise I think I would have actually experienced first hand, the meaning of the term "busting a gut".
All in all, a lovely (but busy) weekend. I've realized that I now spend my weekends getting less sleep than I do during the week and actually trying to catch up on sleep during the work week... WHO DOES THAT?!
No comments:
Post a Comment