Friday, September 22, 2006

The First Move. An interpretation by Gerwyn Begonia

Alright, it's my turn to blog about something blogworthy on Princess Di's Blogger. So here she goes... Lately, there's been a lot of speculation about who made the first move in our relationship. Was it Diana, was it Gerwyn, who the heck was it? Enquiring minds want to know, so let me put this disputed debate to rest and explain what really happened on that fateful night of July 29th, 2006. First of all, perception is everything, there's Diana's account of events and then basically there's the truth. Some might say that before that fateful night of canoodling, there was a series of prior events that led to that notorious moment. Take for example the FORKING incident at the cottage (July 16th). According to Diana, she was like an innocent antelope gazing in the grass, and I was like a savage lion that ambushed her from behind!!! C’mon, please… Are you serious? Who actually believes that? The truth is, I was walking up the hill towards the car, I tripped on a stone and fell on her, but thankfully her badonkadonk broke my fall. Basically she saved my life. The ensuing week consisted of an exchange of emails back and forth between Diana and I; she invited me to her birthday party at her mother’s house (July 22nd). Was it a move? I’ll leave that up to our open-minded, objective readers. As a gift, I gave her a biggantic, hunormous, collosig fork to commemorate our previous weekend at the cottage. I thought it was an innocent and funny gesture, but something in her eyes told me she thought it was something more. My suspicions were correct, because the following week consisted of flirtatious emails from Diana, asking me when I was going to wine & dine her, and if I’d like to come out for Huddy’s birthday that weekend at Century Room (July 29th). Was it another move? Again, I’ll leave that up to our unbiased readers to decide.

Thus, this brings us to the eve of that fateful night. I met up with Diana and Evelyn and we shared a cab to the club, I sat in the middle, Diana to my left and Evelyn to my right. During the ride Diana held onto my arm and rested her head on my shoulder, while Evelyn whispered, “I got her drunk just for you!” to which I happily replied, “Thanks Ev, now my work is half done!” There was definitely chemistry between us, but the cool thing is that it wasn’t weird or awkward. In fact, it was rather playful and comfortable. After a few more drinks, and a few more inhibitions out the window, we found ourselves separated from the crowd doing our own thing. We snuck away hand-in-hand (She totally initiated the hand-holding, but I’m guilty for obliging) and escaped to the patio where we did some shots and talked to strangers. We told some people we were engaged, we told others we were married, but she told everybody she was an unsatisfied women. Who does that? Anyway, I thought it was funny and I admit I was attracted to her callous whit. We laughed a lot that night, we were so silly and juvenile it cracks me up just remembering it. Somehow, later that evening we found ourselves back inside the club by an open window overlooking the patio, there was a private party just outside the window, and someone poured us a couple of drinks. We toasted the party and devoured our drinks only to have our chests burning from what felt like rubbing alcohol. However, the effects of it seemed to help drown out the noise of the club, and for awhile it seemed like it was just the two of us in our own little world. Physically, we were very close in proximity; there was the occasional brushing of arms, inadvertent body graze, and touching of cheeks as we tried to hear each other speak. Then Diana dropped a line on me that clearly gave me the signal that she was interested in something more. This is the juicy part! Are you ready folks? Gazing into my eyes, she asked, “So Gerwyn, when are you going to wine and dine me?” Cleverly I responded, “Well I suppose saving my life does warrant a meal.” Inebriated with my defenses down, I confessed that I secretly had a crush on her (This could be interpreted as a move), there was a short blur of drunken banter further exchanged between us, and then suddenly we kissed. And it wasn’t just any kiss; it was a hungry, passionate, Adam & Eve doing it for the first time kinda kiss. The kind of kiss in public that makes people say, hey get a room! As the night came to an end we walked Evelyn home, and hailed a cab back to Diana’s place. The cab ride was quite eventful! Seemingly, this is where Diana and I have extremely incongruent interpretations of that night. All I remember was her mounting me in the backseat, and the cab driver winking at me in his rearview mirror. The cabbie actually turned on some smooth grooves and before I knew it we were getting hot and heavy in the backseat! Another car pulled up beside us asking for directions, but when they realized how enthralled we were they immediately apologized for interrupting us. We were embarrassed, but Diana being the Good Samaritan that she is, unselfishly offered directions, and like a pro resumed position. I was taken aback, thinking to myself, is this the same bookworm-nerd I thought I knew? We pulled up to her condo and it was time to say goodbye, I respectfully declined her invitation to come upstairs, but redeemed myself by asking her out for what would later be branded as our very first date. The cab ride home seemed like the longest cab ride of my life as I tried to piece together all the fragments of our infamous union. Finally when I arrived home, after 35 minutes of the worst case of blue balls ever, I came to the conclusion that it really didn’t matter who actually made the first move. Who really cares? The point is that a move was made; in fact many moves were made, so many that it’s too difficult to accurately pinpoint who the culprit was. In the end, I think we can both agree that whoever it was, and whatever move it was, it just may go down in history as the very best move that either one of us has ever made in our whole entire lives…

4 comments:

Princess Di said...

JUST TO BE CLEAR... this is Gerwyn's "account" of that evening's events. I think it might be time to change my password again...

Princess Di said...

JUST TO BE CLEAR... this is an accurate and honest interpretation of events, however is subject to gross misinterpretation if your name is Diana Lee.

-Gerwyn

sally said...

I don't believe either of you. I've heard both stories now...I think I should tell the REAL STORY!
:P

melandnorm said...

You forgot to mention something: what happened in the car ride after Di's birthday party?