Not my own of course!! Apparently that is still a loooong way away. This past weekend was Saadia and my cousin Mark's wedding. Saadia's ceremony was a simple civil ceremony at City Hall which took place on Friday. Ms. Rayman looked beautiful of course and ALMOST shed a tear while she was saying her vows... yes I think I may have even heard her voice crack! Pictures to come (I haven't mastered the art of posting images yet. Plus Gerwyn has custody of OUR camera now and who knows when he'll get around to downloading pictures for me.) Anyway, take my word for it, she was gorgeous! We followed the ceremony with dinner at her sister Camilla's condo (yummy Carribbean food, anyone for some saltfish balls???) and then I headed off to Scarborough to prepare for Mark's wedding the next day.
When Saturday arrived, so did the hurricane apparently cause it was SO wet and windy that day!! Poor Mark and Meredith got married in an outdoor ceremony on the worst weather day of the entire summer. However, as my uncle said, a strong tree needs a lot of water so I think it was a good sign. All in all, everything worked out, bride and groom got teary eyed while reciting vows they wrote themselves and Mark even managed to piggy back Mer (even did 2 laps around the room!) in his rubber boots during the Korean "pae-bek". It was hilarious. (Again, pictures to come...)
Sunday was recovery day, first off to brunch at Meredith's parents house in the beaches and then off to my cousin Mad's house for a cousin's bbq with Gerwyn. It was the first time he was meeting anyone in my family and I think everything went relatively well. Except for him showing up over an hour late (which legitimately was due to the bad weather, lucky for him!), and probably not getting enough food (since we pigged out before he got there,) I don't think it was too painful for either side. My family didn't interrogate him too much and although he tried to weasel some information out of them about me, I don't think he managed to get anything good. (No Korean name for you Gerwyn!) Luckily we escaped the night WITHOUT Gerwyn doing his impression of a Korean man washing their hands or his Korean accent. He'll have to save that for when he meets my mom!
Monday, we just lazed around, met Sally, MelandNorm and MaeandGlenn for Dim Sum at Ruby where I tried to avoid all the gelantinous weird stuff on the table and then we went for a nice leisurely 2 hour drive through bumper to bumper traffic while we tried to get to the EX on the last day.
No comments:
Post a Comment