Yes, this is a strange blog entry but I never said I was normal so here goes...
Last night I went to a Korean BBQ restaurant with my brother and Nancy (his soon to be wife). I've never actually had Korean bbq in a restaurant before (why roam, when you can stay at home?) and I have to admit, I was blown away with how good it was. I was starving when we got there and they gave us a HUGE platter of Kalbi to cook over the open fire (I think it worked out to 4 large pieces per person). However I don't think each person ate their proper portion because I could not get the pieces of bbq meat into my mouth fast enough. I ate all the "pan-chun" (little side dishes) first cause I was so hungry and then by the time my brother got the first pieces of Kalbi onto my plate I went nuts! It was so unbelievably good, I threw all my rules about "80% full" out the window and practically devoured everything. (There was even one piece of meat left on Nancy's plate which she didn't eat and I was THIS close to eating it. However since we are not YET related, the wedding is not until next week, I thought i would show SOME small bit of decorum and actually show a little restraint.. but it was HARD!). Anyway, after dinner my brother dropped me off at Gerwyn's house cause we were already in the neighbourhood. When I got there (I had walked right in cause the door was open) I started to take off my shoes when Gerwyn was walking up the stairs. He stops about 20 feet from the front door and says "WHAT IS THAT SMELL??!" He could smell the bbq on me from there and I hadn't even taken my jacket off yet, it was hilarious. We even went out after for a short drive later but anytime he came near me all he could smell was bbq! And all this time, I thought no man could resist the smell of bbq'd meat. Apparently it was a little too much for me cause all he wanted to do was get away. However anyone who knows me knows that I like a challenge so I proceeded to throw myself on him at every opportunity. Even when we were going to sleep, he didn't want to lie too close because apparently the smell was eminating from my hair and skin.
Even if it is a "man-repellent" I don't care, it was WORTH IT!!! DEELEECIOUS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment