Today is my first official day of maternity leave. I feel like I've been counting down to this day for so long but now that its here, I don't really know what to do with myself. I started the day early(ish) with a trip to the OB for my weekly checkup. No more weight gain but I did grow another inch. Then I took a little break at Tim Horton's for a snack and made my way to the mall to pick up some granny underwear. After seeing the size of the pads I'll be wearing in my prenatal class yesterday, I knew my usual undergarments weren't going to cut it. (The entire class gasped when the instructor pulled it out and showed everyone.)
Now I'm back home and enjoying some quiet time all alone. I've done a little dusting, tv watching (A Baby Story on TLC which I've decided is not a good thing to be watching because I keep crying whenever they pull the baby out!) and I think I'm ready for a nap. There's a nice long to do list waiting for me upstairs but seeing as how its only my first day, I think I'll save my list for tomorrow and enjoy my nap time instead...
4 comments:
Absolutely. Relax, take a nap. Think of it as a little quiet time before your life changes forever.
I can't believe how fast that has gone by and that you are on mat leave already. I can't wait to meet your princess! put your feet up and enjoy your time before baby comes... Thinking of you
Welcome to the Stay at Home Mom club! You will find yourself busier at times than when you were working! Enjoy this time before the baby comes where you can exhale before trying to get things ready. Then enjoy your time with the baby and get the rest you need.
Napppppzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Good for you!
Post a Comment