Sunday, August 01, 2010
Going on a "Journey"...
Do you remember when you were a teenager and you'd see "adults" raving about "their" music and think "geez, how lame..." or get SO embarrassed? As a child of the 80's of course I have a greater appreciation and fondness for music from my own generation. But recently a certain someone in my household has become enamoured with the band Journey. Yes, I remember a couple of their songs, and yes, they are in fact, making a bit of a comeback. But when I see that Journey concert dvd getting pulled out yet again for our latest houseguest to "experience", I can't help but think to myself that someone is making the transition into becoming "that guy". The father who drags their child (and any unsuspecting friends) to watch/listen to "real music". I can picture our daughter's eyes rolling already...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Steve Perry...come on, you don't think your daughter would appreciate him? That's real talent. Unmistakable talent. I don't think you have to worry. He transcends time. So, whip out that DVD with full confidence the way I whip out my Abba DVD. Sing to the music, grove to the beat and show your daughter how "cool" you really are. In fact, have Gerwyn grow his hair like Perry's and wear some tight fitting high waisted stone washed jeans while he's at it. Your daughter is going to be so proud. (There were too many typos in my first post so I deleted it)
Oh Cat...I can attest to her subjecting her own children to the Abba DVD. You've convinced them that they actually enjoy it.
That's just great...now every time I see Gerwyn, I'll be imagining him with Steve Perry's shag cut and acid washed jeans....AHHHH!
Rock on Gerwyn!! Don't stop beleeevin' ... hold on to that fee-eee-lin'!
Jessica is into "Glee"; I guess they do a remake of all of the oldies. When I hear the songs, I sing along and Jessica is like, "you know this mom? How do you know this?" when I tell her they're remakes she doesn't belive me. She thinks she's so hip...
Post a Comment