Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baby Begonia's Baby's Shower


Saturday my sister and best girlfriends Susie, Sally and Saadia (the 4 S's!) threw me and Baby Begonia an almost surprise baby shower. Even though I ended up finding out about it, it didn't ruin any of the fun or enjoyment. As usual, everyone went all out, the decorations were adorable (thanks Sooky and Sally), the baked goods plentiful (thanks Carol and Mel) and the games were creative and entertaining (thanks Saads and Sooz). I got to see friends who I haven't seen in a long time and I was touched that so many people made it out and brought us such generous gifts. Baby Begonia will be well outfitted for her first year, that's for sure. Again I'm reminded how lucky I am (and how lucky our baby will be) to be surrounded by such love and thoughtfulness.

Today Gerwyn and I got up early and went to our first prenatal class, Preparing for Labour and Delivery. It was a long all day class but we did learn a lot. Luckily we are taking the class with Susie and her husband as well so it makes the time pass a little easier.Next week is our last class which focuses on after delivery and breastfeeding. After that, just one more week to go until the big day...eeeeek!

No comments: