Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dinner at the Keg... with adults!

Tonight Gerwyn and I decided on a spontaneous dinner OUT. Although we eat out often, its usually take out from one of our local spots, nothing fancy. Seeing as how our time out of the house alone will soon be very limited, we decided to use one of our gift certificates to have dinner at a newly renovated Keg on the Esplanade. We were joined by fellow adults Mel and Norm and 3 hours later, we emerged with very full bellies! I had the prime rib and king crab combo. Due to limited stomach space, I made sure to eat all of my deeleecious crab and took the prime rib home for tomorrow. This allowed me to even have room for dessert, Billy Miner pie, YUM!

Prior to dinner we met quickly with Mel's sister in law who has 3 kids all delivered "au natural". She gave me a little pep talk about going sans epidural. It is something I was hoping to do and seeing that she was able to go through 3 deliveries and was still an advocate, it gave me hope that I might be able to do it too. 3 weeks left to go, let's hope I don't change my mind...

No comments: