This weekend was pretty uneventful except for one thing. Discovering new recipes. While visiting Saadia on Saturday morning (I finally made my official "neighbourly" visit,) I started looking through her cookbooks for a good bread recipe and realized there are so many recipes out there that I have never tried. I suppose after you learn a few, you just get stuck circulating these same few around. But while perusing her Italian cookbook, I noticed there were some interesting simple vegetable dishes that I could add to the repetoire. After a long overdue grocery shop today, (our fridge was totally empty and I actually didn't eat yesterday - with the exception of breakfast at Saads, due to sheer laziness) I made the following new recipes for dinner: rosemary and dijon encrusted rack of lamb and garlic and basil sauteed zucchini. Both were extremely easy and very fast and very deeleecious! The entire dinner was probably done within 30 minutes.
I also attempted to bake a challah from scratch however after waiting HOURS for my bread to rise, I'm disappointed to admit that my cold and drafty house didn't get the job done. Its in the oven now and looks promising, but I'm not very hopeful.
Maybe my blogger friends would be interested in doing a little recipe exchange to add a few new items to their repetoire too? Its always better when you know its been tried and tested! I'm ready to hand out my lamb and zucchini recipe, whatcha got in exchange?
3 comments:
You can put the bread in your warming oven to proof it and have it rise if your house is cold.
Hey, that was going to be my suggestion!;)
Sounds so yummy... when can I come for dinner?
Post a Comment