Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Gerwyn!




Yesterday Gerwyn and I celebrated his 34th birthday with a special dinner courtesy of the Colonel. That's right, we had Kentucky Fried Chicken. KFC is one of Gerwyn's favourites but due to its lack of nutritional value, its become something he saves for one day a year. I couldn't remember the last time I had KFC so I was a bit excited. We got the family meal deal with 10 pieces of chicken, fries, 3 salads and a Deep 'n' Delicious Chocolate Cake. Gerwyn's friends Victor and Christine joined us and I have to admit, we all inhaled that meal. There's just nothing like fried chicken when the skin is oh so crispy. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it but it was SOOO deeeleecious, I couldn't stop! I thought I would only eat one piece but ended up eating two (skin and all) and devoured the unnaturally neon green coleslaw. It was amazing. McCain cakes are also a treat I don't allow myself to have very often and again, it was just as good as I expected.

So much for the days of wild drinking and partying, now birthdays are about your pjs and a bucket of chicken! Finger-lickin' good!

6 comments:

melandnorm said...

Happy Birthday G! Love the shirt!

Saads said...

I just saw the shirt too! Very funny!

Catherine Kim said...

Happy Birthday!

Trish said...

Happy belated b.day Gerwyn! And a big thanks Di...after reading this a few days ago, I have been craving KFC...Greg delivered tonight & it was as good as I remember from about 10 years ago; about the last time I had it! Yummy!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday G! Your wife neglected to mention it was the big day but glad to see you got the most out of the celebration. KFC...mmm good. You should try it when you come to the US...they have whole different set of sides!

Woo Wow! said...

Happy Birthday Gerwyn! I guess no one let you in on how a groom's first birthday is celebrated Korean style. The wife has to cook a huge feast, yes all by herself, no fast foods, and then invite all his friends and family over for dinner and drinks as a way of showing her undying love and respect for him. NOT!! He he...