Slipping back into work mode was pretty seamless with the exception of one thing. Over the last couple of weeks, I had gotten used to having the ladies washroom all to myself. The majority of the offices on our floor had closed down for the holidays so our entire floor and more notably, the bathroom, was a ghost town. I got used to having the place to myself and doing my "business" as I pleased. Now that everyone is back at work, that bathroom is always busy! My poor body had gotten used to a "routine" and now with all the traffic, I've been suffering from major performance anxiety. For the past two days I've come home with stomach cramps and had to mad dash to the bathroom.
As much as doing your business is "natural", I don't think I will be able to get over the embarrassment for the sake of my intenstinal health. I think I'll have to get my bowels on a new schedule from now on...
4 comments:
Diana...it is only natural. Everyone is in the same situation and hopefully with the same regularity. Get over it. If it's time, it's time. You're just doing damage to yourself by fighting against it.
What the Western world needs is an Etiquette Button. I saw these when I was in Korea. These buttons are inside some stalls so that when you have to go, you just push it and go. You hear the loud sounds of water trickling. I don't know what kind of sounds you make when you go #2, but it was enough to mask most sounds. And no, you couldn't control the volume.
Amazing that this many years later we still share the same "system" obsession....I love that we share this in common - LOL!!!!
hey di...if the turtle head comes calling, just learn the pinch the loaf, and cough at the same time!
Post a Comment