Thursday, January 28, 2010

Eating Out

Something else I've noticed about being married is that I eat out a lot more often. I'd say we're averaging twice a week at least. Is this normal? Do all you bloggers eat out this often?

When I lived alone in the condo, I would buy groceries for a week and pretty much cook meals that would last me enough for dinners all week. Maybe I'd buy a lunch a few times a week but I think that was about it. Now that I'm living with a boy, all of our food disappears within the first two to three days of the week and suddenly we have no food. Or maybe its food we just don't want to cook. I used to be able to eat grilled cheese or a bowl of cereal for dinner when I lived alone. For some reason, my husband doesn't find this an acceptable meal. And so, we end up eating out. I don't really mind though, I find its a good opportunity to explore our neighbourhood and also it feels like we're "dating" again. Unfortunately its not so favourable on my waistline or our wallets.

Last night I met Susie and Mahi for dinner at Southern Accent in Bloor West Village. Its a New Orleans restaurant. They served Po Boys, Hush Puppies and Baked Garlic. Mmmmmm. For dessert, we had "King Cupcakes". These weren't just any cupcakes though, they had babies in em. Yes, I said babies. If you got a cupcake with a baby in it, you won a cash prize, the lowest being $40. So for $3 a cupcake, we ordered two. Unfortunately neither of ours had babies, so we didn't win. But we certainly were tempted to get another 10 just to find that baby! (The cupcakes weren't bad either.)

Tonight, Gerwyn and I went to Sushi Bento, our local Japanese place. I have to admit, the food isn't that great, I've definitely had better but there isn't much choice when it comes to Japanese in our neighbourhood so we had to make do. I was craving a little miso soup. Miso always reminds me of home cooking so when I'm looking for comfort food, I always go for the nearest Japanese restaurant. After dinner, we had a very cold but highly digestive walk home. We appreciated the clear sky and said hello to the man on the moon. All in all, a nice, spontaneous Thursday dinner out.

1 comment:

melandnorm said...

Wi gwaan hab a bashment time, Mon!