Monday, November 09, 2009

Packing!


The time has finally come, I've bitten the bullet and started packing. Its been very sad and I hate coming home and seeing boxes everywhere but its something that has to be done. (Only 2 weeks left!) With the help of a few friends, I've gotten my packing face on and have accumulated a nice pile of boxes in my front foyer. Seeing all these boxes around me makes me feel like I am at an "inbetween" stage in my life. I feel like I don't have a "home" anymore and I think this was part of the reason I've put it off for so long. Slowly, this place that has been so cozy and comforting for the last 5 years is being emptied and becoming vacant. Although I am very much looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life, I will probably spend the next 2 weeks saying goodbye and mourning the end of this chapter.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Woo Wow! said...

I know exactly how you feel. It is a sad transition and can be very stressful. I remember I would get irritated just looking at the boxes. Why don't you just hire some movers? They can pack everything up in a day and move it for you.

Catherine Kim said...

The whole process can actually be therapeutic; it allows you to organize, reevaluate things that are meaningful to you and why, get rid of clutter, out with the old that has been dragging you down and in with new possibilities that await you in your new home. Don't forget to breathe and smile during this process. Say things like, "I own you, and you bring me pleasure, but you don't own me" as you pack away the nice dishes.