
Today we celebrated both my mom's and Charlotte's birthday's at my brother's house in Scarborough. It was also going to be the big "first" meeting of Gerwyn's mom and my family and I'm happy to report that everything went very well. Gerwyn's mom got to meet and chat with almost everyone and Char impressed us all with her icing scraping and licking skills as you can see by the lovely photo above. Carol made her an Elmo cake and used the brightest red dye possible (I think it was a whole bottle's worth,) and so Char's lips ended up looking very luscious afterwards. Luckily we stopped her before she got any on her pretty dress. As per our usual family parties, G's mom got to watch (and participate) in our pigging out and then my uncle passed out on the floor, this time joined by David. Like father, like son. Another fun family party with a special guest. We look forward to welcoming both G and his mom to many more family gatherings in the future.

3 comments:
That's really nice.
I love your family picture! Did Tita kiss your mom? I see her hand on your mom's shoulder. Filipinos are so touchy!
Sounds lovely. Your moms kind of look alike!! And that cake is crazy! Carol has outdone herself once again I see.
Post a Comment