
Friday night I got a chance to meet all of Gerwyn's co-workers. When they usually get together, its for "boys only" poker nights but last night was one of the rare opportunities where everyone brought their significant others. (Unfortunately it was for a sad occasion, one of his co-worker's fathers had passed away.) Even though it was his father's funeral, Gerwyn's friend Peter was so friendly and warm, I really enjoyed meeting him. After the viewing, the rest of us went out for a drink at a nearby restaurant. It was a great opportunity to get to know everyone and although they are quite a bit older than us, you would never know it in talking with them. I hope that we will be as "cool" when our kids are in their 20's and we're on our own again. Gerald and his wife have two daughters over 20, I couldn't believe it from looking at his wife. She was in great shape and so hot! They travel, go for brunch, go to the gym, play tennis, and hit all the new hot spots regularly. I guess for some reason, I always pictured life after kids as much more quiet. Looking forward to more fun and games in the near future!

No comments:
Post a Comment