Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jumbo Empanadas and Osteria

Monday was a day of varied cuisine. For lunch I met Mad and the kids for a final lunch together in Kensington Market. We had Jumbo Empanadas and Empalvaldos (my fav Chilean cake). Then we took a quick walk through the market and then back to work. I'm glad I got to spend more time with my cousins before they finally left for Korea.

Monday night I met up with friends for Dora's birthday dinner at Osteria. Its the new Italian restaurant from the people who own Terroni's. I've been eager to try it for a long time and was looking forward to seeing the renovation. For a small restaurant, I think they did a good job making it more spacious. The dinner is a fixed price menu where you choose their 5 antipasti appetizers and then decide on either the "primi" or "secondi" or both. The apps were eggcellent but I have to say I was a bit disappointed by my pasta. They cook it al dente which turns out is a little too undercooked for me. Although it wasn't my fav, I would definitely go back to try it again. I think its a great concept and they are much friendlier then they used to be when it was Terroni's. Yummmmm!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: