Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Festival of Fire


This weekend Gerwyn and I decided to have an impromptu "date night". Usually our weekends are spent running errands or doing activities during the day and then renting a movie at night. This weekend I realized the Festival of Fire was going on at Ontario Place so Gerwyn and I decided to have dinner at our usual spot along Harbourfront and then watch the fireworks from there. (A cheap way to get in on the action.) Unfortunately many others must have had the same idea as all of the restaurants along our usual strip were packed! It was a 30 minute wait everywhere we went. We finally found one right on the corner that would still give us a view of the fireworks. The show was a lot shorter than I thought, only about 20 minutes but the weather was perfect. We were able to walk there, eat dinner and watch fireworks by the water's edge and then walk home. A lovely evening out!

No comments: