
I just came back from a trip to the grocery store. I have to say, grocery shopping is one of my favourite activities. Even when I was in Venezuela, I didn't have many friends or things to do but I always enjoyed a trip to the local supermarket. I love to walk the aisles and see what new products are available and what tasty treats I can buy. I really appreciate the fact that I can just buy whatever I want. I remember when I was a kid, I had to BEG to get cookies, chips or even whole wheat bread. My mom would always buy the same things and rarely did she come home with something new. (I remember when she bought the first sponge cake from Pirri's fruit market, it was sooooo good and such a treat. I still remember exactly how it tastes and the spongy texture.)
Tonight I picked up a new loaf of bread (a round "boule" from Quebec), some Spanish salami and an old fav, "la vache qui rit". My sister introduced me to this cheese, and its been a treat ever since. I forgot about it until I passed by it today. The creamy buttery goodness is so good on a cracker, toast or even a stick of celery. I also bought a carton of milk. Milk is not something I drink regularly and honestly I think the last time I had it was when I was a kid. I saw a commercial for it today on tv and ever since I just had a craving. So I poured myself a glass and I have to say, it was just as good as I remember. I think I might even drink it more often. Afterall, it does the body good...
1 comment:
Well, milk has been a bit of a controversial topic in terms of its health benefits. You should read up on it.
Post a Comment