This weekend was very busy. Friday night I left work a bit early so I could get a head start on Sally's shower that I was hosting the next day. Luckily Gerwyn offered to come and help so while he chopped the fruit and veggies, I made the stuffing for my mushroom caps and prepped the sangria. Saturday morning I put him to work again schlepping all of the food down to the coffee lounge. The shower was great, very low key in fact, it felt more like just a casual get together than a shower which was nice. We played silly games, nibbled on desserts and hors d'oeuvres and made Sally guess who got her each gift. After the shower I took a loooong much needed nap and then Gerwyn and I went for a walk around the condo. Now that I'm planning to sell this place we are trying to enjoy the time we have left here. It will definitely be sad to say good bye.
Sunday I had to get up early to visit Grams. Unfortunately I was a little more tired than usual this time and when I opened my eyes after a little snooze on the train, I saw "Rouge Hill" passing me by. My heart stopped. I got off at Pickering and had to take a cab to my grandma's. Unfortunately I knew my mom was waiting for me at the stop and had no way of getting in touch with her. Just had to wait for her to figure it out. Later in the morning Hanna stopped by to take Gram's blood pressure. Of course once that blood pressure kit is out, everyone gets in line for a check up. Once I got back to my mom's I started the bbq and waited for Gerwyn to come over for lunch. After lunch and playing with Charlotte (who learned how to take a photo with my camera, hers is the shot of the carpet in my post below), we headed to Home Depot to pick up a new toilet for my mom's upstairs bathroom. After toilet delivery we headed back downtown and met some of Gerwyn's friends to watch a movie. We watched "The Hangover" which was surprisingly very funny. It was definitely a "guy's" movie but hilarious nonetheless.
Tomorrow night we're going to see a couple more houses. They are located in the Yonge and Eglinton area but a bit older so I expect they will need a little work. I can't wait until house shopping is over... I'm ready to move on!
2 comments:
You're buying a house? Email me with the details!
See what's happening with your sudden overload of carbs? You can't stay awake!!
Post a Comment