Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ribfest!




Saturday I decided to host a little ribfest of my own since it was my turn to host what's become a regular cousins dinner. The guest list included Mad and her 3 kids (Jess, Michael and Steph), Mark and Mer and their daughter Samara, Carol and a last minute guest appearance by Susie. Gerwyn "manned" the bbq and put the final crust on my Tyler Florence Ultimate bbq ribs. I also made coleslaw, green beans, cornbread and rice. Unfortunately the cornbread was a little burnt but I managed to salvage enough for everyone. After dinner we rushed downstairs (to escape the rain,) and had one of my new fav desserts (introduced to me by Sally) the Caramel Apple Pie from M&M's meat shops. Along with the pie and ice cream, Susie brought a very rich and tasty Dufflet's Chocolate cake and strawberries. Everyone stuffed themselves and we had just enough leftovers for a midnight snack later in the evening.

Looking forward to next month's dinner when its Carol's turn to host. Chocolate pavlova.... mmmmm.

No comments: