

Today was my big 5k run! Sally spent the night so we could get up early and head there together. Unfortunately we both didn't sleep well, I was so nervous that I would miss it! At 8 am I finally got up and made us a little breakfast before leaving for the big event.
It was my first time at the CIBC run and it was so exciting. So many people and lots of cheering and general positive energy. Once the starting gun went off (which I didn't really hear,) we were off. It was kind of like being in a herd of cattle, everyone just moves so slow as a big group but eventually we got our own little space and we started running. A slow run (or should I say slow jog,) but nonetheless we were able to make it the whole way. I must say it was much easier than I thought. There were a few moments where I felt tired but then Sally pointed out the finish line and it motivated me enough to keep running. After the run, we got our free snacks, said hi to Tanaz and her family and then headed home to go to St. Louis' for some wings and beer. It was our post-run treat.
After lunch I was exhausted and passed out on my couch for about 2 hours. It was a great experience and one I'm thinking about continuing with the Toronto Marathon in two weeks. Maybe I can bump it up a notch and go for 10k? Or maybe not...
1 comment:
Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!
Post a Comment