Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Molly Umali and Tony Little...


Last night I went over to MelandNorm's for a pie-making extravaganza! Mary-Ann had so kindly dropped off a bushel of apples she had picked with her kids and Mel decided to make a few apple pies with her new cooking class pie recipe. I was the official apple peeler/corer. Mel had already made the dough (in an effort to keep her recipe a secret I think!) and she rolled out the pie crusts and made the "slurry" (a mix of the apple juices, spices and cornstarch.) We ended up with three deeleecious pies.

Norm's mom had also requested they make her some empanadas with the filling that she provided. (Seems that Mel is the resident "pastry" expert) so she pumped out a few dozen of those too... also deeleecious! Way to go Mel, you should start your own pastry making business "Molly Umali's pies and pastries!" Sally can even design your logo!

On my way in from work this evening I received a note about a package that had arrived for me. It was my highly anticipated "Tony Little Micropedic Pillow" which I had ordered from the Home Shopping Channel. Yes that's right ladies, I shop on the Home Shopping Channel. Its my second purchase actually. (The first one was my duvet.) There's just something about seeing something on tv and then picking up the phone and 5 days later, its at your door. Also, there just happened to be nothing on tv on Friday night at midnight. I'm excited to try it, even though I read all the materials and it seems like its just a sack of tiny foam beads. Anyway, there IS a 30 day money back guarantee so if I don't have a "revolutionary and advanced" night's sleep tonight, Tony Little will be hearing from me!!

1 comment:

Saads said...

Oh my goodness...I have to catch up with practicing my baking skills. I haven't made anything since I made them in class.
Let me know how the pillow goes. I think some of my headaches are coming from sleeping on a bad pillow.