Last night Gerwyn and I decided to attempt something 'active' and decided to go for a run (at my suggestion). We were going to go from his house at Yonge and Steeles to Promenade Mall at Bathurst and Centre. Its been ages since either of us have worked out and I thought this would be a nice leisurely way to get back into the swing of things.
Unfortunately I seem to have forgotten who I was dealing with and Mr. SuperFit wouldn't let me actually "jog". Or rather, his "jog" = my "highspeed run". So after the first 5 minutes (which was uphill by the way,) I was exhausted. But do you think that stopped the "JogNazi"? Oh no, then he ran back to where I was and insisted that I was just "running on the spot" and that I could do much better and I needed to keep up with him. He has a great way of pushing me towards the boundaries of near-death, and so I jogged on, although about 10 feet behind him the whole way. We got to make a few pitstops everytime we hit a red light (thank God!) but other than that, I had to run. He kept looking back to see where I was and would make arm gestures to make me hurry. I had an arm gesture of my own that I wanted to show him however my heart would have probably stopped right then and there if I attempted any additional physical activity beyond what I was already doing. When we finally reached the mall I was ready to pass out. I was seeing stars and it took every bit of willpower just to make it to the curb so I could stretch.
Of course, once we got inside the mall my thoughts moved to how we would get home. There was NO WAY I was going to run back and it was getting too cold to walk. So Gerwyn pulled out his cell phone (which he brought in his trusty "fanny pack") and we called my pally Sally who just so happened to be in Thorhnill and on her way to the mall. I've never enjoyed her car so much as I did during that ride home. It was warm and cozy and didn't my cause my heart to pound outside of my chest.
I think I'll stick to my lonely treadmill from now on…
1 comment:
or you could come to my house and jog out with Wii Fit. They are not as mean as trainer Gerwyn.
Post a Comment