Last night I played a game of Flag Football for Gerwyn's TSSC team. Its an intermediate team and they were short players (girls specifically,) so I decided to give it a shot. I figured I could get some fresh air and a little exercise while standing around on the field. Today, I feel like I got run over by a truck. I can barely move, breathe, sit, cough, etc etc etc. The game was 80 minutes of non-stop running back and forth. Because there were so few players (only 7,) everyone had to stay on the field the entire time playing offense, defense and special teams. It was lots of fun and totally scary at times (two guys collided with each other and one ended up needing stitches in his eye!) but it taught me that I am SO out of shape. By the end of the first half, I couldn't wait until the half time was called so I could finally catch my breath. Being the super star co-ordinated athlete that I am, I managed to trip and fall twice; once on my own teammate and the second time on my own feet. I did manage to have a couple of shining moments though, considering I knew nothing about the game, I managed to grab one guy's flag and I almost had a touchdown except Gerwyn threw the ball over my head. I think he was shocked that I actually had my hand up for the ball (but I was open afterall!!). All in all, a fun night and a great learning experience. Maybe I'll even play again. But perhaps at the "beginner" level instead…
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Capture the flag!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment