


So nice to have a long weekend again. For me, May 2-4 is the "official" start of summer. Even if it was only 3 degrees at one point. Friday night I met Saadia and we went for dinner at a Sushi restaurant. I hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks so it was nice to catch up. Now that she's in her new home, you can tell she just looooves to entertain!
Saturday morning I met Susie and we went for massages at the Sheraton Centre. Wasn't the best experience and I probably would not recommend them but we still had a good time. We went swimming first, then did the whirlpool and then had our massages. After that, we had a quick brunch at Fionn McCool's which was deee-lish! Its smaller portions so I don’t think the guys would like it but perfect for us girls. They also serve these yummy "Irish Cakes" which taste more like "Indian cakes" to me. They are a very spicy curried potato/chick pea patty which is probably deep fried. They were very tasty!
After brunch I had to rush home to get ready for Candace's wedding at the Liberty Grand. The wedding started at 4pm so I only had about an hour to get ready so I was rushing along only to wait in the end while a certain someone took their time arriving to pick me up. We ended up missing the wedding ceremony but made it in time to congratulate the bride and groom and get a few pics before the reception. The room was beautiful with lots of candles and tons of flowers everywhere. The food was amazing, about 8 different courses of risotto, lamb, black cod, suckling pig, salad and dessert. I was SOOO full, too bad I wore the tight dress that night! Lady Kane, Gerwyn's favourite live band played and everyone danced for the first few songs (even Gerwyn busted a few moves in the middle of dance floor of course,) but the dancers slowly dissipated and Lady Kane didn't even get to do their last set. (I'm not a huge fan of cover bands, there's something about it that I find cheesy, like its an "old person" thing, I just refuse to believe that I'm THAT old. Sorry Vinder! Anyway, I stood by and took lots of pictures while Gerwyn and Candace danced the night away.
Sunday morning came too quickly after a night of drinking and too much food at the wedding. But I still managed to get up at 7 am and take the train to visit grams. Lately she just sleeps the entire morning away, so I take the opportunity to catch up on my zzz's on the little couch beside her. I would get into the bed next to her if I could but the medical bed she has is too small and my mom always yells at me when I do that. My grandma says I should just push her over if I don’t have enough room but she's so heavy, I couldn't move her even if I wanted to! After grams, I headed to my brother's new house to check it out (its massive of course) and then begged him to drive me back to the Go train to catch the 2pm train back to the city. When I got home Gerwyn and I decided we would watch Ironman at the theatre but first, a quick stop at Saadia and Raju's for a long weekend bbq. Three hours later and totally stuffed, we made it to the theatre and caught the last show of Ironman. It was just ok. I think I had high expectations because people told me it was soooo good. I don’t even remember what happened in the end because I fell asleep. Too much food + midnight movie = me falling asleep in the theatre.
Monday morning we got up late and met MelandNorm for breakfast at Marche. Then we went back to their place and stuffed ourselves on Krispy Kremes that they brought back for us from Buffalo. Then we decided to do some shopping at the mall. This probably wasn't the best idea because of course, the mall was packed. We still managed to pick up a book and some gifts before we walked home. Then we packed up and headed to Gerwyn's house for football (see post above.).
No comments:
Post a Comment