Monday, February 09, 2009

Weekend Update!

I had made myself little resolution to not post without pictures this year (hence the few posts I guess,) but since I didn't take any photos this weekend, I'll have to make do.

Friday night I met up with Sally my Pally to finally indulge in a little Winterlicious. It was a very spur of the moment thing, we decided to try Coco Lezzone on College. It wasn't bad but my beet salad tasted like they used canned beets. (I'm such a food snob!) Dessert was the best part, I had a lemon tart and Sally had the chocolate mousse cake (picture a "so good"). We had a glass of wine with dinner and I think I must have been ovulating or something cause that wine hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt like I could barely stand when I got out of there (and it was really only ONE glass!). I tried to get Sally to talk "wedding" but as usual, she changed the subject every time. She is the most "un-bridal" of any bride I know. Way to be original Sal! Anyway, it was a nice evening out and nice to catch up with my Pally who I rarely get to see anymore now that she no longer works downtown. She's turning into a regular suburbanite!

Saturday I met Mahi for what is starting to become our traditional brunch. This week was Toba again however we were lucky enough to be joined by Saadia who brought along her tasty freshly baked bagels from Baking Class. Mmmmm mmmm good. Saadia, they were even tasty for my breakfast this morning. I am sad that I only have one left. I am going to covet it tomorrow at breakfast. After stuffing ourselves, I did some chores around the house and then went over to Saads again for some play time. We played a new game on her Wii called World of Goo. I loved it, something about the illustration and background music just totally relaxed me. We also played Rayman's Raving Rabbits in which I totally schooled her until the end of the game when she was awarded some totally unfair, out of the blue, non-sensical 5 bonus points which gave her the win. I made up for it by beating her in Tetris though. Wait til Sally and Mel get a hold of that one, it was especially fun because you can "launch" weapons on the other player at any time. Some of the weapons were pretty funny. One of them was a miniature guy who gets dropped onto your tetris pieces and runs around your game. He's pretty funny to watch (and even funnier to squish!)

Sunday I headed to Scarbs to visit with my mom and grams who was very hungry. She had just eaten breakfast when she started to sing a song about being hungry. I said, "grandma, you just ate breakfast half an hour ago!" and she said "I did? I didn't even know." Now you know where my appetite comes from.

Sunday afternoon I came home and went to the gym (finally!) and then made dinner for Gerwyn and I. He had a meeting the next day at Toronto Western so he decided to come over and try to avoid the morning rush hour the following day. Unfortunately he was delayed this morning by his car being towed from the lot across the street. A rather painful lesson to learn but what else can you expect from parking in a private lot I guess. Luckily Stuart was kind enough to take G to the impound lot in East York. Stuball, we owe you!

Tonight, I met Mel for an exercise class at her gym. She's always raving about what a great workout it was so I decided to give it a try. As expected, I was dripping by the end of the class. (However so was she so I didn't feel THAT out of shape!) After the class, Norm made us energy smoothies and a healthy carb-free dinner. Then we headed to Norm's mom's house for some of her famous coffee cake which she made for Norm's birthday which is tomorrow. Happy early birthday Normula and thanks for your great hospitality (as usual)!!

No comments: