Ladies, you are all officially on alert.I was at my friend Stephan's on Thursday night for dinner with his husband Mario and our friend Janet. They had recently adopted a beautiful baby girl and I've been meaning to meet her for over a year. She was honestly the most friendly little baby I've ever met. As soon as I walked in the door I was greeted by their 3 crazy dogs and in amongst the furry animals was a little girl with a big smile. Her name is Mari-sol and she is 16 months old. Unfortunately I totally forgot to take pictures but she spent the hour or so while she was awake on my lap or playing with Janet. So cute!
Anyway, onto the deeleecious exciting news. Janet had brought cupcakes from a bakery in Mississauga which I thought were quite tasty. Especially the red velvet cupcake with vanilla icing. As I was raving about it, Stephan told me that the absolute best red velvet cupcake is at a bakery on Queen and Leslie called Sweet Bliss. Apparently they only bake them on Friday, Saturday and Sundays. They also bake all kinds of other cakes (including wedding cakes, hint hint). Stephan had used them to bake a "marie antoinette" cake for his daughter's first birthday. (Look for it in next month's issue of Canadian Family magazine.)
I can't wait to give 'em a taste. Even if they are not as good as I hope, I'm looking forward to trying a new cupcake!
1 comment:
correction: They don't do wedding cakes anymore. (yes, I called)
:P
Post a Comment