This is a pic of my head "post" lipoma with about a dozen stitches. It hurt a lot more than I thought it would but I'm glad its out. It was weird to be able to hear all the cutting, cauterizing and sewing though. I could even hear the surgeon scraping the fat off of my bones. I was face down for the whole procedure but awake so I was aware of everything and felt my head being pulled from side to side. There were a couple of interns in the room with us and I could hear them asking him questions. One of them even said "woah, I didn't think it was going to be so big" when my doctor was taking it out. It was rather large, about the size of two eggs and perfectly round.
Now half of my head is totally swollen and trying to heal. It must be weird to have an empty space back there. I bet the neighbouring tissue is thinking, "what's with all this extra space?" Its interesting how the body just knows what to do. The first night's sleep was a bit difficult as I couldn't lay on my back but I will finally get to wash my hair tonight and I'm hoping it will feel better after that. (I'm crossing my fingers my head doesn't just spontaneously explode.)
1 comment:
Di? Is that really you? Lipoma? In the head? So big you had to get it out? I had no idea. I hope the scar heals quickly and you feel better. Cat
Post a Comment