Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Carol!

Last Friday I met my cousins Mad, Carol and Meredith for dinner at The Citizen to celebrate Carol's birthday. The restaurant was participating in Winterlicious so we all had full 3 course meals and then went back to Mad and Mer's place for more birthday cake. I was definitely more than 110% full that night. It was nice to catch up and get together outside of our usual family functions. I remember when I was little, I thought my cousins (and my sister,) were SO much older I could never imagine us all hanging out together. Now, I'm happy that we are all like girlfriends rather than just family. We just have the added benefit of having known each other all of our lives. I especially enjoyed reliving Mad's highschool infatuation with Joan Jett and feathered hair.

Saturday I met Sally to check out The Cupcake Shoppe and try on more wedding dresses. For two people who are trying to lose some weight, going to the a cupcake store was not a good idea. Especially when you walk out with a dozen cupcakes. I meant to take them to Scarborough today but unfortunately I forgot, so now I must sit here and watch them all stare at me with their sweet buttercream frosting... "serenity now"!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Catherine Kim said...

What a good looking bunch of ladies you are. And what grown up things you do! Wish I could dine out in places that don't have a children's menu.
Cat