


This weekend was my brother's official housewarming of his new house. All my aunts and uncles came over and of course my mom felt compelled to make a 20 course dinner which means I felt compelled to help. So off I went early Saturday to help my mom and Nancy prepare for the dinner. Lately we've been catering all of our family parties so this was the first one in a long time that had real home-cooked food. My mom made everything this time, kalbi, noodles, chicken wings, kim-chi, bean sprouts, seafood stirfry and of course it was amazing. I was stuffed. I spent the early afternoon trying to help my brother put together his new bbq before everyone arrived and it was so hot we both got a little heat stroke.
Later that afternoon, as has become tradition at our family parties, we all took turns playing with the kids. There really is nothing better in this world than spending time with them. No matter how bad you're feeling, they can always cheer you up. All I need is to see Charlotte's chubby face smiling with those two tiny front teeth and next thing you know, I'm smiling too. My cousin's daughter Stephanie was funny too, her grandparents were taking care of her for the weekend and they don't care about making sure her outfit matches. So she showed up in an old t-shirt of her brother's and a pair of pink shorts that were pulled up so high my cousin said she looked like a Chinese Olympic gymnast and nicknamed her "Ling-Ling". Thank goodness for the little ones!
1 comment:
I agree...little kids can always bring out the best in you. I think it's their innocence and ability to have fun doing the simplist of things.
Post a Comment