Saturday, June 07, 2008

Dear Diary


When Sally and I were 12 or 13 we used to always go to this Dollar Store at Markham and Eglinton. One day we bought these red and white notebooks (hers might be a different colour,) and the Letraset wipe off letters. I remember the day I brought that book home, I thought "this is going to make a good diary.". So I started to use my letraset and coloured pens to write my name in it with a BIG warning that it was MY diary and no one was allowed to read it. I think I even wrote in it consistently for about 2 years. I've kept that diary all throughout my life and every so often, I'll write an entry. So now, my diary starts on the first day of grade 8 and goes all the way to the present (although the recent entries are probably 1 or 2 years apart). Its amazing to see how one little red and white notebook can hold so much of your life. What's even more amazing is to see how you change as you turn each page. I mean, who still talks like they're in grade 8 right? Like, I totally don't. Whatever!

Every time I read that book I take some time to reflect on my life and where it will be going next. I only have about 10 more blank pages left, I wonder what they'll say when I look back at it 10 years from now.

No comments: