This morning I woke up and thought "wow, today is the first hot day of year, I can finally wear summer clothes!" So with temperatures going up to 35 degrees, I decided to put on a tank top and capris for my long, hot walk to work. I put on my ipod and began my walk as usual. About 3 blocks into it, I feel this sudden splash of something on my left shoulder. My immediate thought was that someone in the buildings above me just threw something at me, how RUDE! However when I looked up I was horrified to see a flock of dirty, nasty seagulls flying over my head. And of course, my horror continued as I looked down at my shoulder to find a nice BIG, dirty, green splotch of bird bowel on my shoulder slowly making its way down the rest of my arm. It was truly disgusting. And of course, all these construction workers just happened to be standing there all on their morning break to see it. I think I even overheard one of them say "hey that girl just got hit by bird sh$t!".
Sally says this is good luck. It hard to see how that could be true but I had to make the best of the situation so I just laughed. At least I gave those construction guys something to laugh about too. Better than one of them (i.e. the one who pointed at me,) getting dropped from a crane or something…
2 comments:
I was going to tell you the same thing as Sally...it's supposed to symbolize good luck. Buy a lottery ticket...
It happened to me on my wedding day so don't feel so bad. I consider it gook luck, too.
Post a Comment