Yesterday started off as quite the lazy day. Gerwyn had to work so I did stuff around the condo; cleaning, laundry and eventually a 2 hour nap. Every so often I'd hear him come into my room, but only to tell me he had a lot more work to do. So I went back to my zzzzzzzz. Eventually I woke up when Hanna came in from her interview at U of T and we managed to persuade Gerwyn to leave his work until Monday and we all went out for a late lunch at Ichiban Sushi on Wellington. It was ok (the spicy tuna was REALLY spicy!).
Then we walked Hanna back to the condo before she headed off to another interview in Kingston and decided to take a little trip to Kensington. Kensington is one of Gerwyn's favourite spots (I'm sure y'all know why,) but I haven't spent too much time there. I just remember the trips I used to take with friends in highschool to find some cool "used" clothing in one of the many stores. Anyway, yesterday we took another tour of the area and I realized how amazing it is. There are grocery stores and restaurants of every culture, Latino, French, Thai, African, Italian and Asian and lots of cute little cafes and stores. At the grocery store, I picked up some quinoa (so cheap!). We also checked out a new store called "Blue Banana", I think its going to become one of my favourites. Its like a mixture of house stuff from all over the world. They have pillows, dishes, curtains, beanbag chairs, fudge, candles, and the list goes on. We left with some fudge and funny matches. (I couldn't leave empty handed afterall.)
Then we continued our tour with a stop at the HotBoxCafe (of course,) followed by a beef patty and empanada at Jumbo Empanadas. We also tried something called an "empalvaldo(?)". Its a Chilean dessert which looks like a small two layer cake with caramel sauce in between and then covered in coconut and icing sugar. It was so good we went back for another. Lastly, we picked up some produce at one of the many fruit stands and went home to rent a movie.
I can't wait until the weather gets better and then we can make it a weekend tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment