When it comes to sports, I will be the first to admit that I suck. I was never into sports as a kid and now as an adult I feel like I'm playing catch up. I always find that I'm playing sports now (and sucking) and wishing that I really spent more time doing it as a kid. Anyway, tonight Sally and JJ came over to restart our Basketball Thursdays. When Randy was in town, the four of us would get together and play basketball, 2 on 2. It was a great workout and a lot of fun. When JJ came over tonight, it had been a long time since any of us played and I expected, as usual, that I would stink!
Since there were other people on the court, JJ came up with a "warm up" game that would help get us back into the swing of things. We each had to score as many baskets as possible within 2 minutes from the free-throw line. It sounds simple but it was soooo fun! I was the first up and somehow I managed to get 8 baskets. Then came Sally. I thought for sure she would totally school me but she only ended up with 5!!! Then came JJ (who was shooting from the 3 point line) and he only got 3! Then he tried again from the regular line and ended up with 7. So, for the first time in my life, I was a winner. We even went around again and I still won. Although JJ managed to catch up. Sally, on the other hand... well, better luck next week!!
Maybe it was beginner's luck. Maybe I actually AM getting better. Whatever the case, it was lots of fun and a great workout. Can't wait til next week. Maybe we'll actually get to play a GAME!
No comments:
Post a Comment