Saturday, March 29, 2008

Dinner with Friends


Last night we met MelandNorm and Victor and his new girlfriend Nikki for dinner at Spring Rolls. We were originally supposed to go to Salad King (one of my favourite restaurants,) but we got there at 8:30 and there was a half hour wait plus the restaurant closed at 9:15 so there was a chance we might not even get served! Well, after that we decided to go to Spring Rolls instead, we needed to eat afterall!

Gerwyn+Victor+Norm = a whole lot of silliness. I'm sure its like going back to the highschool days except I guess when you go to an all boys school, the jokes are dirtier and WAY more immature. Its pretty funny to watch. After dinner, MelandNorm decided to head home since they had an early day the next day (and it WAS already 11pm, very late for us!) but the rest of us decided to watch a movie at the new AMC theatres at Dundas Square. I remember when I went to Ryerson and they were just "talking" about purchasing the building for lecture halls and movie theatres. I even remember seeing the original architect's drawings and its amazing to see that the design has finally come to life. The building itself is huge and the theatres were great. Definitely beats going to a lecture in L71!!

All in all, a great Friday night out. After the movie the boys wanted to keep "partying" but the old lady in me just couldn't keep up so I broke up the party and we headed home (it was past 1 AM!!) We came home to freshly baked chocolate cookies (made by Hanna who was spending the night) and managed to gobble a few before going to bed.

1 comment:

Saads said...

Hey, I ate at Spring Rolls last night too. We left there around 8:45/9:00p.m. We must have just missed each other.