Today I met Grant, Dora and Shea for brunch at Eleven. Its a new restaurant where Ninth Gate used to be. Apparently they have this famous "apple pancake" so the guys wanted to check it out (apparently apple pancakes are really big in Winnipeg where they are originally from.) Anyway, there didn't happen to be any apple pancakes today (the guy who was supposed to deliver the ingredients apparently got stuck in the snow) but everything else was dee-lish!
We ended up getting the banana pancakes with toblerone fondue, some cinnamon ginger doughnuts and a sausage, gruyere and potato omelette. It was all very tasty and very filling. I am officially past capacity and in desperate need of a visit to the gym after I digest. After brunch I decided to make a pit stop at the market and pick up some things for dinner tonight. Yes, there's a ton of snow but its absolutely beautiful. I wore by high boots so I wouldn't have to worry about getting my pants wet and also so I could walk through every puddle of slush and snow. I wish I could put on my snowpants and roll around in it. I definitely miss those days from when I was a kid and would build forts in the snow. It was so much fun!
Gerwyn is supposed to come back from Philly today but I'm wondering if his flight will be cancelled due to all this snow. I certainly hope not as I have been counting down the days until he's back and I've been looking forward to seeing him. Well, as long as he makes it back in one piece I guess it doesn't matter if the flight is delayed.
Ok, time to unpack the groceries and hit the gym. Or maybe a quick nap first... I'm really full.
No comments:
Post a Comment