Saturday, August 27, 2011

Queen Margherita and BuskerFest


Friday my cousin Carol came for a visit and we went to Queen Margherita for pizza. It is apparently one of the best in the city and all this time it was in my hood and I never knew. I have to admit, the pizza lived up to its reputation. It was unbelievable! They have a prix fixe menu so for $20 you get salad, pizza and nutella mousse. Yes, the mousse was to die for. I would go back just to have that. After pizza we went to the CNE. I was unable to go last year due to major preggo belly and I really missed it. As soon as we got in, we got Tiny Toms and then hit the Food Building. Unfortunately due to poor planning on our part, we were too full from lunch to fully enjoy all the tasty treats. Some didn't look so tasty (Krispy Kreme burger) but I really wanted to try the deep fried Twix. However, will have to save it for my next visit, just no room to squeeze it in.

Today we visited BuskerFest at St. Lawrence Market. When I lived at the condo I would go every year. This was the first time since moving out of the hood and boy was it different! So much more food, many food trucks and very cool buskers. We enjoyed some dumplings and Kalbi from the Korean stand and then Gerwyn got a fresh coconut. I also wanted to try the chocolate crepe and elephant ear but seeing as how I overdosed on 2 dozen tiny toms at the Ex yesterday, I decided to pass.

We were only there for about an hour and a half but I felt like I got to see almost everything. It was a bit difficult navigating the crowds with my stroller, now I know what it feels like to be one of "those" people who I used to get so annoyed with when I was young and childless.

Tomorrow we hope to go back to the Ex. And I hope to finally try my Deep Fried Twix!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Catherine Kim said...

The coconut looks the size of Marley's head! Sounds like fun. You live in a great neighborhood.