So tonight I did something that my husband probably shouldn't know. And you might be thinking, doesn't he read your blog? I'm pretty sure he doesn't. But I guess this will be the test to find out...
I recently had a conversation with someone (you know who you are!) about leaving your sleeping child in their bed at home when you have to run out for a minute to do something. In her case, it was dropping her older kids off at school 2 minutes away. She didn't want to have to wake up the youngest, get her all suited up and into the car only to have to come back a few minutes later and deal with a potentially cranky child.
At first I was appalled. However tonight, I admit, I gave it shot. I put Miss M down for bed, and was sitting alone downstairs when I was struck with a craving for a Twix bar. Yes, that's right people, I left my sleeping baby alone for a chocolate bar. In my defense, the store is literally across the street, 1 minute away. I think my monitor probably would have worked from that distance it was so close, however it didn't occur to me to even take it. I just whipped out, got my chocolate bars (yes, there were more than one, had to make it worth it afterall!) and whipped back into the house, no one the wiser.
I'll probably tell Gerwyn when he gets home. Or, I could just stash the evidence (aka the wrappers) and just keep it to myself. And you guys of course. ;)
6 comments:
You are a monster. That is child abandonment.
If this is the conversation I remember, I think the person in question called her home phone to use it as a monitor, listening to it the whole way. I would remove this post from your blog.
Actually, on second thought, I would totally do that for a twix bar. I fully support your decision.
I'm glad it was worth it. Keep the phone on next time!
i'm calling child services!!!
WOW.. darling sounds like some of the families I work with!
Post a Comment