Thursday, January 27, 2011

Suspenders? Yes!

Today I made a new discovery. For Christmas, I asked Gerwyn to buy me some new post baby pants. Unfortunately I purchased one size too big and now I walk around with the dreaded "saggy bum" all the time. (They are pants with lycra in them so they fit at the store, but of course, once you wear em around for a few hours, they stretch out!) I had tried putting on a belt but found that it just made the pants very bunchy at the waist and was also uncomfortable when I sat down. (The belt would cut into my belly.)

While looking through my closet today, I discovered a pair of suspenders that I had purchased years ago and never worn. I snapped them onto my saggy butt pants, and voila! Pants that fit again! I remember my dad being a big fan of suspenders and now I understand why! So what if it makes me look like a hillbilly, at least I'm no longer walking around showing my butt crack to everyone...

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I do remember your dad was never without them. Im trying to get that visual...Unshowered...hair up, covered in spit up and baggy pants held up by suspenders...lol
Now I just have one question...Does using the suspenders give you appearance of walking through a flood? :-P

Catherine Kim said...

OMG. That's all I have to say. Although I have noticed, that once becoming a mother, practicality seems to come before fashion.

Unknown said...

Now you are turning into dad...will you be taking up the pipe next?

Woo Wow! said...

Suspenders over butt crack anyday!