Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!


Can't believe its 2011! The holidays seem to pass by with a blur and new year's was no exception. New Year's Eve we decided to take Marley to her first house party, the music was blaring, the drinks were pouring, and our daughter was... asleep! Well, she managed to wake up for the countdown and didn't bat an eyelash as everyone yelled "happy new year!". Then she stayed up until 2 am and slept in until noon the next day. I definitely have a party girl on my hands. Friends keep telling me to get her up earlier in the morning so she'll sleep earlier at night but I have to admit, I'm so exhausted in the mornings, I can't fathom having to get myself up and out of bed before 11 am. How will I ever get back to work mode? Luckily there are still a few months left before I have to worry about that.

New years day we went to my aunt's house for our annual new years lunch. We also celebrated my grandmother's birthday. There was lots of food and so many cute babies to go around. Family get togethers are the one time when I can totally relax on my own and know that my baby is being safely taken care of by someone else. I think I only spent 15 minutes with her and that was just for a feeding. The rest of the day, I was baby-free and I took full advantage of the opportunity to stuff my face with lots of good home cooked Korean food.

Happy new year everyone, wishing you all the best for 2011!

P.S. Happy Birthday to one of my best girlfriends Saadia who turned 21 (again) today!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

You know you can always rely on us to "take care" of your baby. :)
Happy Birthday Saadia!

Woo Wow! said...

Grandma looks great! And Marley looks so much bigger already! Happy new year guys!